Learn real-world engineering skills with the friendly, capable, and peppy ActivityBot. It’s a great option for first-time robot-builders, as well as for an intro to technology and engineering courses in high schools and colleges.
Step-by-step web tutorials take you through programming its multicore Propeller chip, wiring circuits on a breadboard, and building sensor systems so your robot can navigate on its own. Following the checkmarks gets you to the fun fast, with optional links for added learning. Tutorials are available with BlocklyProp graphical programming or with C language and simplified libraries — choose your preference, or go from one to the other for a strong foundation and progression.
The ActivityBot is ready for tinkering with off-the-shelf components, additional sensors, and upgrade kits. The Activity Board sports a mini audio jack and a socket for an optional RF module (not included).
- Easy to program in BlocklyProp or C language
- Propeller Activity Board (#32910) makes it quick to integrate sensors, motors, and more
- High-speed servo motors with optical encoders provide fast, consistent maneuvering
- Breadboard and 3-pin headers let you experiment with common electronics parts, no soldering or proprietary connectors required
- Component kit makes navigation systems that use touch, visible light, infrared light and ultrasonic sensors
- Built-in SD card slot and microSD card are ready for data-logging and file storage
- A great hobby kit for exploring electronics and programming
- An affordable STEM education platform to provide a high robot/student ratio
Notes: The ActivityBot requires five 1.5 V AA batteries, not included.
More Information: https://www.parallax.com/product/32500