The ELEV-8 V3 was designed in the USA from the ground up to offer the best experience possible for college students, educators, researchers, and developers. The entire system is designed in a clean, open plan that requires no soldering for assembly. It is rugged enough to survive most minor crashes (inevitable if you’re doing development, as we well know). All parts are easily accessible so it can be repaired rather quickly and inexpensively—all replacement components are available from Parallax headquarters in Rocklin, California. At the heart of the quadcopter is the ELEV-8 Flight Controller (#80204).
- ELEV-8 Flight Controller—onboard 32-bit Propeller multicore microcontroller, 3D accelerometer/gyro/magnometer, altimeter, XBee socket, and multiple expansion ports to support your projects
- Robust & Open Chassis—durable yet machinable aluminum, composite, Delrin, and acrylic parts make upgrades and customization a breeze
- Engineered to survive minor crashes, and to be easily repaired after major crashes, while protecting the motors and flight instrumentation to save you time and money!
- High-Performance isolation system for the flight controller reduces vibrations by up to 70%, significantly improving control response and impact protection
- Step-by-step online ELEV-8 v3 Assembly & Flying Guides will help you learn from your build experience, and get you in the air sooner! (Technical support is always available if you have questions.)
- Pair it with our ELEV-8 Web tutorials for a California A-G Approved drone curriculum.
- Higher Education — a ground-breaking tool to aid college students in the understanding of physics, mathematics, control systems, programming, and engineering
- Research & Development — use as an aerial platform for data acquisition, materials transport, or anything else you can imagine!
- Aerial Imaging — adapt your ELEV-8 to capture stunning photos and videos from the air!
- While it is great for learning, the ELEV-8 v3 is not a toy. Improper or negligent use can cause bodily injury or property damage.
- Recommended for ages 18 or over.
- If you own an ELEV-8 v3 Quadcopter you must register it with the Federal Aviation Adminstration’s UAS Registry before flying outdoors.
- A USB A to Micro B cable is required to load flight controller firmware, not included.
- An RF transmitter and receiver, Li-po battery (3300 mAh or 5300 mAh), and battery charger are required for flight, not included. For detailed requirements, please see the ELEV-8 v3 Quadcopter Assembly Guide.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY:
Chris Savage – Savage///Circuits is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of these Parallax Inc. products. You, the customer, assume full and unlimited responsibility for all customer ELEV-8 Multicopter applications and uses. Your purchase of this ELEV-8 product constitutes your agreement to hereafter assume full and total responsibility for your subsequent utilization of the ELEV-8 and you agree to defend, protect, save harmless, and indemnify Chris Savage – Savage///Circuits relative to your potential use and misuse of this product, in whole or in part. Should you disagree, please do not complete this purchase. By purchasing this product you agree to the above terms.