Have an Arduino Uno? Make it the onboard brain of a mobile robot! Learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The Board of Education Shield plugs into your own Arduino (not included) and mounts on the popular Boe-Bot robot chassis.
With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities.
The original Robotics with the Boe-Bot text for the BASIC Stamp® microcontroller has enjoyed worldwide popularity with teachers and hobbyists, and has been translated into seven languages. Author Andy Lindsay revised his work for the Arduino community, and Parallax Inc. is making it available as a free, online tutorial at http://learn.parallax.com/ShieldRobot.
- Beginner-friendly – No programming experience needed
- Open platform – Exposed circuitry allows you to learn and create your own electronic circuits
- Solder-free – Experiment with custom circuits on the breadboard (no special-brand connectors)
- Understandable – Free, easy-to-follow web tutorials and example code downloads
- Autonomous – Touch, light and infrared sensors let the Shield-Bot navigate on its own
- Expandable – Additional sensors and hardware expansion kits are available to get the most out of your robot